Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Back to New England and Vermont

I landed in Logan Airport in Boston at 1:00 am Monday morning, July 5th 2015. I couldn't leave until 5:30 am to get to my cousin's house. I just wondered around the airport trying to find an outlet to charge my cell phone.
I witness the late night shift leave and the early morning shift come in. Thank goodness the Dunkin Donuts was open 24 hours.
           I finally caught the silver line bus to South Station where I took a train to Worcesters Union Station. It cost me $10 to take a nice relaxing Amtrak to Union Station. I actual fell asleep for a little because my stop was the last stop.
           While, I was on the bus to South Station, a homeless man sat next to me. He reeked of body odor and alcohol. He sat between me and another woman quietly, with his hands folded in his lap and twitched every so often. The woman moved away ever so slightly. His smelly body was slightly pressed up against me. I didn't move. I noticed that this man might as well have been invisible. Everyone ignored him or moved away from him. I felt I was probably the only human contact this poor man had. I wasn't going to take that away from him.  I wanted to talk to him but I was so tired that I don't think I would had any sort of intellect conversation. I wondered about his story...because we all have a story.  When we all got to South Station, I noticed that he was the only person to thank the bus driver as he left the bus. Well, besides me. That is when I noticed that he was slightly handicapped because he shuffled off and it wasn't because he was intoxicated, there was something wrong with his right leg.
          After getting to Union Station I found a tiny littler diner under the tracks called Kenmore Diner
I sat and had pancakes, kabuska, and coffee while I waited for my cousin to pick me up.
           I spent one more day with Cousin Ron  and Deb before I headed up to Vermont. It is always a pleasant time there. Deb is a REALLY good cook and you never go hungry in her house. I got to spend a little bit of time with each of the household...Ron, Deb, Taylor, and Brook (cousins and 2nd cousins). I even got to go for a ride in Ron's Hot Rod.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment